- To ensure most optimum utilization of space, ensure your non heavy items are packed and sealed in boxes. (Removals In Melbourne also provides packing services, so you can hire us to get your packing done for you)
- Heavy items should be equally distributed among boxes. Having a single box of heavy box might result in tearing of boxes or really heavy boxes.
- Fragile items must be packed with utmost care and should be wrapped with bubble wrap or other wrapping materials to ensure they don’t break during transit. Boxes with fragile items should be marked “FRAGILE” to ensure maximum care is taken while moving such boxes.
- Valuable items such as jewellery, important documents or cash should be delivered personally.
- Dismantle heavy furniture if possible so it can be moved with ease.
- Make sure screws, bolts and other such items are securely placed in bags and taped to the furniture they belong to so it can be used to assemble the dismantled furniture later.
- Creating a list of all items to be moved can be of utmost importance to make sure all the items are safely delivered to the destination address and nothing is missed.
- Creating a list of items within the boxes can also be helpful when unpacking at the destination.
- Create a checklist and make sure all items are ticked off from the pick up address.
- Use enough padding to wrap your fragile items and ensure they are marked so our removalists handle it with utmost care.
- Please arrange for storage facilities before our removalists arrive at your place as it gets pretty time consuming when storage facilities are not arranged beforehand.
- Please arrange parking facilities for our truck on the day of the move. Parking is very crucial when it comes to moves within the Melbourne CBD. If parking is not arranged, it is possible that the move might take longer than it should depending on how far the truck had to be parked. Note that parking charges or infringements during the move will be the responsibility of the customer.
- All payments should be done at the end of the move. Payments can be done by cash, card or e-transfer. Please ensure you have enough cash to pay for the move. Time taken to arrange cash will be added in to the time taken to get the move completed.